Sign up for Ma-Ka-Ja-Wan
Ma-Ka-Ja-Wan Scout Reservation offers scouts and leaders first class program and facilities. As a camp, we strive to meet your unit’s program needs and pride ourselves on providing customer service that goes beyond your expectations. Troops that visit Ma-Ka-Ja-Wan tend to return year after year and we always have something new for them. Our units find a second home in the Northwoods.
FOR SCOUTS & PARENTS
Traditional Camp is our week-long merit badge program. We offer a wide variety of merit badges for first-time summer camp participants and experienced campers, alike. Your scouting unit will have a designated camp coordinator who will be your “go-to person” for registration and payment deadline questions. Units sometimes have a separate “in-camp adult leader” who can help your youth prepare for his or her week at camp. Of course, our staff would be happy to answer any questions, as well. You can contact them here.
If your youth can’t make it to camp for the merit badge program the same week as his or her unit, we recommend attending Provisional Camp (this can also be a great opportunity to spend a second or third week at camp). Your Scout can either join our camp’s “Ship 129” which is led by former camp staff and other adult leader volunteers, or you can make arrangements for your Scout to attend with another Troop or Crew. To learn more about Provisional Camp, please visit our Provisional Camping page.
FOR TROOP LEADERS and Coordinators
Reserving a Campsite
Hey troop leaders! Your journey to a successful summer at Ma-Ka-Ja-Wan begins with reserving a campsite. You’re better off doing this early, because the sites fill up fast. Here is the newly added 2019 RESERVED CAMPSITE CHART. This is a continuously updated Google document (date it was last updated is shown), but it does not guarantee availability of a specific site for a specific week. Contact the Program Director with questions (see Contact Us).
Each campsite you reserve costs $75 per site, per week. Examples: Blackfoot A and B for Weeks 1 & 2 would cost $300, but for Week 1 only, it would cost $150. Boone A, B, and C for Week 2 would cost $225. NOTE: This is not a deposit. It is a one-time site fee. It is not applied to this year’s Scout/Adult Leader Fees and cannot be reapplied to future years, even if you cancel the current year’s site reservation. It is non-refundable, so please only pay for the number of sites you are confident you can fill. Thank you.
2019 Ma-Ka-Ja-Wan Troop and Venturing Summer Camp Dates
- Week 1: June 23-29 Week 4: July 14-20
- Week 2: June 30-July 6 Week 5: July 21-27
- Week 3: July 7-13 Week 6: July 28-Aug. 3
NOTE: Venturing Quest is Week 2 (June 30-July 6).
Complete the MSR Campsite Reservation Request Form-2019 and mail or bring it to the council office with payment. Please provide accurate numbers, so we can find the best campsite for you (of the ones remaining). Please note that this form is a request, not a guaranteed reservation, and the fee you paid is strictly a site fee. It is non-refundable and will not be applied toward any other summer camp fees. Please be advised: We may have to move you around (or pair you with another troop), if your numbers do not match the campsite capacities.
Register for Summer Camp
The registration link can be used by Unit Leaders to register for your week of Traditional Camp. It also contains the Venturing Quest “session”, which is a special program for crew members during Week 2. The only parents who can use this link are those registering their Scout for a week of Provisional Camp. NOTE: If your troop or crew has invited another scout to join you during your week of Traditional Camp, you’ll be able to register him with your own scouts. Or, they can register and pay for him themselves.
CLICK HERE to be taken to the “MSR Troop and Venturing Camps 2019“. The 2019 Scout and Full-time Adult Fees will be available soon, and will be emailed to your unit’s 2019 Camp Contact. He or she will also be notified when this online registration opens (before the end of 2018).
Set an early March Scout Deposit Deadline for your Troop. Why?
- It alerts you to the possibility of needing a bigger (or smaller) site, and gives us the time to find one for you. If a smaller site is needed and you don’t let us know in a timely manner, you may end up having to share your bigger site with another small troop.
- It helps your Troop know how many full-time Adults will be required (who should also be registered online in a timely fashion). IMPORTANT: All Adults camping with your troop for 72 or more consecutive hours are required to have YPT (Youth Protection Training).
- It allows your Scouts to sign up for merit badges as soon as sign-up becomes available in the Spring. This is especially important for older Scouts who need “Eagle Required” merit badges. All merit badge sign-ups will close a few weeks before Week 1 (for Weeks 1 & 2), a few weeks before Week 3 (for Weeks 3 & 4), and a few weeks before Week 5 (for Weeks 5 & 6). More details later.
- The earlier you register online, the better equipped we will be for camp each week. Help us order the correct amount of food and supplies. We had over 2,600 Scouts and Adults in 2017 (not including Trek #s), so we appreciate when Scouts and Adults make their commitments early in the calendar year.
- You’ll have a better idea of how many free full-time adult leaders you get!