Out of Season Offerings
Ma-Ka-Ja-Wan has camping options available year-round! Whether your troop is looking for a cold-weather experience in the winter, or just a pleasant autumn campground, Ma-Ka-Ja-Wan has what you need. NOTE: Ma-Ka-Ja-Wan Scout Reservation is closed for all National Holidays during the off-season, just like our “close-in” campgrounds (Camp Oakarro in Wadsworth, IL and Camp Crown in Trevor, WI).
Troops can take advantage of the gorgeous North Woods of Wisconsin all year at Ma-Ka-Ja-Wan. Contact our Program Assistant, Debi Geiger at Debi.Geiger@scouting.org (email preferred), or 847-748-9161 for reservation information.
OFF-SEASON CABIN RENTALS
We have a limited number of rustic cabins available for our visitors in the off season only. These are located near the Country Store (a 5-minute walk from West Camp and the Welcome Center). They were built in the late 50s and have the following features, along with an endless amount of Northwoods charm:
- Each cabin has two bedrooms and can sleep 6-7 people
- Mattresses provided, but no bedding or pillows
- Wood stove or Gas Heater. No A/C (but not really needed).
- Small kitchen with refrigerator, sink, and a minimum of cooking and eating utensils
- Bathroom with a flush toilet (Seasonal)