PROVISIONAL CAMP at ma-ka-ja-wan scout reservation
What if my scout cannot attend Traditional Camp the same week as his troop, or he wants to stay an additional week without his troop. Can he?
Yes! During each of our six weeks of “Traditional” Camp, a Scout will be able to participate in the exact same week-long merit badge program, even though their own troop will not be there. Sorry, this program is not available for adults.
Steps to Register your Scout as a provisional camper:
- Go to: https://scoutingevent.com/129-21712 for the “MSR Boy Scout and Venturing Camps 2019” event page.
- Choose the week of camp your scout wants to attend. Then, make sure you choose Provisional Scout (not Scout) from the list.
- Registration Contact – You are the registration contact, but provide your Scout’s unit information on this page. Also provide your cell or other daytime phone number.
- It then opens to the Attendee tab, where you provide your scout’s name and unit leader information (name, email, phone). This is also where you tell us who he will be “Attending With” (see below).
- Make sure to click on the “Check-out” tab to pay his fee and complete the registration.
- Another Unit: Some Scouts have friends in another unit, who will host them for the week. Make arrangements to stay with them, but pay the fees yourself. Or, they can add your scout as a Provisional Camper to their registration. Ask them about transportation to and from camp for your Scout. If completing this registration yourself, list your scout’s unit number. You will be asked for your scout’s unit leader information and the other troop’s number.
- Camp’s Unit (Ship 129): We will provide a unit with 2-deep leadership for your Scout, so he can attend the week that works best for him. If making this choice, no other information is needed.
IMPORTANT: In the past, the only way to sign up for Provisional Camp was with a paper form, that was signed by the Scout’s Unit Leader (Scoutmaster or Crew Advisor). We’ve made things easier for you, by allowing you to register him/her online. But, we still need you to provide his or her Unit Leader’s first and last name, daytime phone number, and email address.