Planning Your Merit Badges
NOTES FOR SCOUTS AS THEY PLAN THEIR MERIT BADGE PROGRAM:
- Decide what merit badges you wish to take. Discuss this with your scoutmaster and sign up on My-Ka-Ja-Wan.
- Find out of any of the badges you wish to take have requirements that must be completed before camp. Use the merit badge pages on this site for help. Complete these pre-requisites if you can. Bring a note from you scout master or evidence of your requirement up to camp!
- First Year Scouts: The Trailblazer Program will help you earn requirements for Tenderfoot, Second and First Class. Sign up on My-Ka-Ja-Wan! Choose between the Trailbazer Morning or Trailbazer Afternoon sessions, which meet daily, from 8am-12pm or 2pm-5pm. You are still able to sign up for some badges though!
- You can sign up for as many merit badges as you can fit in your schedule. But don’t forget to schedule free time for fun and exploring all camp has to offer!
- If you must miss a session of a merit badge, let your counselor know in advance! Usually, a make-up session will be available, but you have to let your staff know.