Wisconsin Headwaters Canoeing
Explore the historic Wisconsin River from the headwaters, traveling downstream 50 miles to the Rainbow Flowage. Some of the first voyageurs in the 15th century traversed south into the unexplored “Ouisconsin Territory” by this route. Paddle through country where wolf, black bear, and deer, as well as herons, hawks, eagles and more still roam freely. You may even spot a moose! Fishing is excellent, from native trout at the headwaters, to a full range of pan and game fish downstream. If a 50 mile trek seems a bit too challenging, we can modify it to suit your group’s needs.
Minimum Age: All youth must be at least 13 years old, or at least 12 years old AND completed grade 7. Anyone 21 years old before the conclusion of the trek must register as an adult.
Group size: Up to 12 participants (11 from your unit plus our guide to total 12)
$465 Total Fee
– $125 Non-refundable Deposit. Registration must be completed & deposit paid by May 1, 2019 (11:59 PM)
= $340 Balance Due by June 10, 2019 (11:59 PM)
NEW WAY TO REGISTER
- Complete and return the trek form to the council office with your $50 fee.
- Once confirmed by trek staff, you will be emailed the link to the event page and pass code.
- Choose Unit Trek on the main event page.
- Tell us how many Youth and Adults for the Flambeau trek, using the pass code.
- Registration Contact tab-Fill in missing information, including the date your unit will arrive in camp.
- Attendees tab-Provide names and gender of Youth and Adults.
- Checkout tab-Must complete all steps for this tab, even if you have time to mail in your payment.
Choose from one of these arrival dates: Sunday June 16th, June 23rd, June 30th, July 7th, July 14th, July 21st, July 28th, and August 4th.