Voyageurs Northwoods Base Camp
Live a full week in the backcountry exploring the woods around you and seeing places few others do. A step above our Coureur des Bois program participants will spend the week in the Western section of Chequamegon-Nicolet National Forest where they will live out of a backpack and canoe. They will trek out to the largest beaver dam in the world, rock climb the cliffs of the Marengo River, paddle the mighty Namekagon National Riverway, and learn wilderness survival and woodsman skills. This trek is for the scout that doesn’t want to stop exploring with non-stop activities.
DATES: June 30th-July 6th
Number of Youth: Minimum 2, up to 12
Requirements for all Specialty Treks
- Be at least 15 years old the day your program begins (or 14 and having completed the 9thgrade), but not 21 by its conclusion.
- Be physically fit, able to lift and handle materials up to 30 lbs.
- Be a registered member of the Boy Scouts of America (Boy Scout or Venturer)
- A complete physical examination is required (BSA’s Annual Health and Medical Record will be sent to those who are accepted).
$440 Total Fee
– $125 Non-refundable Deposit. Registration must be completed & deposit paid by May 1, 2019 (11:59 PM online)
= $315 Balance Due by June 10, 2019 (11:59 PM online). Registration Closes.