Pictured Rocks Kayaking
You will have the opportunity each day to discover the rich history of the area while kayaking along the Pictured Rocks National Lakeshore in Michigan’s Upper Peninsula.
Age Requirements: Pictured Rocks participants must be at least 14 years old, or at least 13 years AND completed 8th grade. No exceptions. Anyone 21 years old before the conclusion of the trek must register as an adult.
Group sizes: Maximum # Participants is 12. Your unit must provide 2-deep Adult Leadership for each sub-group (campsite, etc.). We do not send camp staff on sailing or kayaking treks. You will have one guide from the kayaking out-rigger with your unit, but he/she does not count as 1 of your required adults.
Certification Requirements, as per National BSA Policy: ALL high adventure treks must have at least one adult with current Wilderness First Aid (WFA) and CPR certifications. The troop or crew must fulfill this requirement for sailing and kayaking treks. For all other treks, Ma-Ka-Ja-Wan Scout Reservation provides guides with these certifications.
Trip offered: Covers 35-40 miles total
$690 Total Fee
– $125 Non-refundable Deposit. Registration must be completed & deposit paid by May 1, 2019 (11:59 PM online)*
= $565 Balance Due by June 10, 2019 (11:59 PM online). Registration Closes.
*Return the trek reservation request form as soon as possible for this trek.
NEW WAY TO REGISTER
- Complete and return the trek form to the council office with your $50 fee.
- Once confirmed by trek staff, you will be emailed the link to the event page and pass code.
- Choose Unit Trek on the main event page.
- Tell us how many Youth and Adults for the Flambeau trek, using the pass code.
- Registration Contact tab-Fill in missing information, including the date your unit will arrive in camp.
- Attendees tab-Provide names and gender of Youth and Adults.
- Checkout tab-Must complete all steps for this tab, even if you have time to mail in your payment.
Choose from one of these arrival dates: Sunday June 16th, June 23rd, June 30th, July 7th, July 14th, July 21st, July 28th, and August 4th.