Isle Royale Backpacking
Isle Royale National Park provides a great opportunity for your troop or crew. Connect to the wilderness through adventure, discovery, and exploration. Your journey begins while crossing a substantial portion of Lake Superior’s northwest section. Once there, you will find a living laboratory, a rugged Northwood’s wilderness, and a road-less back country of wild creatures, second growth forests, refreshing lakes, and rugged scenic shores. Moose and wolves are commonly seen on the island. Even though this island gem has the highest back country overnight use per acre of any national park, you will still have the sense of more privacy than anywhere else. Contact our trek staff as soon as possible to plan this one of a kind hiking experience.
Age Requirements: All youth must be at least 13 years old, or at least 12 years old AND completed grade 7. Anyone 21 years old before the conclusion of the trek must register as an adult.
Group Size Limit: Up to 10 people: At least one adult leader from your unit, the guide, and up to 8 scouts (up to 9 from your unit). Fees also covers transportation between Copper Harbor and the park.
$615 Total Fee
– $125 Non-refundable Deposit. Registration must be completed & deposit paid by May 1, 2019 (11:59 PM online)*
= $490 Balance Due by June 10, 2019 (11:59 PM online)
*Return the trek reservation request form as soon as possible for this trek.
NEW WAY TO REGISTER
- Complete and return the trek form to the council office with your $50 fee.
- Once confirmed by trek staff, you will be emailed the link to the event page and pass code.
- Choose Unit Trek on the main event page.
- Tell us how many Youth and Adults for the Flambeau trek, using the pass code.
- Registration Contact tab-Fill in missing information, including the date your unit will arrive in camp.
- Attendees tab-Provide names and gender of Youth and Adults.
- Checkout tab-Must complete all steps for this tab, even if you have time to mail in your payment.
Choose from one of these arrival dates (Saturdays): June 15th, June 22nd, June 29th, July 6th, July 13th, July 20th, July 27th, and August 3rd.