Ice Age Trail Backpacking
Ice Age Trail Backpacking Trek: Take advantage of an outstanding hiking trail right in Ma-Ka-Ja-Wan’s backyard. In Langlade and Lincoln Counties, long segments of the Ice Age Trail wind through a region full of lakes and bogs formed by the melting of the last glacier. Amid the northern forest of spruce, fir, maple and birch, the trail follows the glacier’s terminal moraine as it winds through the woods just a few miles from camp. Treks can be customized from 3 to 5 days. Our standard trek is through a 28.5 mile section which will be traversed over 4 days. This trek is an excellent introduction to backpacking: with “un-designated”, primitive back country camping. Leave No Trace skills are an integral part of this trek. Consult with the High Adventure Staff to plan this excellent “close in” hiking experience.
Group sizes: Up to 11 from your unit, plus our guide to total 12. Smaller groups have more options for campsites. Two groups from your unit can hike together during the day.
$365 Total Fee
– $125 Non-refundable Deposit. Registration must be completed & deposit paid by May 1, 2019 (11:59 PM online)
= $240 Balance Due by June 10, 2019 (11:59 PM online). Registration Closes.
NEW WAY TO REGISTER
- Complete and return the trek form to the council office with your $50 fee.
- Once confirmed by trek staff, you will be emailed the link to the event page and pass code.
- Choose Unit Trek on the main event page.
- Tell us how many Youth and Adults for the Flambeau trek, using the pass code.
- Registration Contact tab-Fill in missing information, including the date your unit will arrive in camp.
- Attendees tab-Provide names and gender of Youth and Adults.
- Checkout tab-Must complete all steps for this tab, even if you have time to mail in your payment.
Choose from one of these arrival dates: Sunday June 16th, June 23rd, June 30th, July 7th, July 14th, July 21st, July 28th, and August 4th.