High Adventure Needs/Wants List
Note: Investing in high quality gear up front should make the gear last longer and need replacement less often if maintained by the Trek Staff.
- 3 new water filters (if gravity filters are purchased, purchase the SAWYER brand, as their filters are cleanable and guaranteed for a million gallons. Even the Flambeau Flowage won’t stop them if cleaned regularly).
- 4 new MSR Miniworks Filter Cartridges ($40 each, Cascade Designs.com, MSR section)
- 2 new 20oz MSR fuel canisters ($18 each, Cascadedesigns.com, MSR section, or camping store)
- 20 new dry bags; preferably more durable than the Coghlans bags which only last 1 year.
- 4 new 2-man backpacking tents; nothing from Wal-mart. No fiberglass poles.
- 3 new cook kits from Open Country (10 Quart Aluminum pot, 4 quart nonstick medium pot, 2 quart small pot, measuring cup, 7″ fry pan)
- 10 new plastic paddles, M to L High quality, laminated topo maps of each destination for shakedowns and planning purposes
- 30 new rafting helmets
- 4 new Old Town Discovery 169 Canoes with Outfitter Layup to replace damaged beyond our repair canoes
- New stern seat for the Old Town Tripper; new parts for the red Discovery 169 donated in 2013
- Repair seats for Old Town Discovery (2 bow and 2 stern)
- Skidplate sets for 16 Old Town polyethylene Discoveries, 32 total.
- 20 drybags, 30L. Non-Coghlans so they last more than 1 year; for participants to borrow
- 1 trailer lock
- 1 case of gallon ziploc style bags for food packing
- 1 case of quart ziploc style bags for food packing
- 1 new 3-man backpacking tent
- 4 new Eureka 2-man backpacking tents
- 3 new 3-man backpacking tents
- 4 new water filters with a spare cartridge for each
- 6 new cook kits from Open Country (10 Quart Aluminum pot, 4 quart nonstick medium pot, 2 quart small pot, measuring cup, 7″ fry pan)
- 20 new plastic paddles
- 50 rafting helmets.
- 2 more trailer locks