Boundary Waters Canoeing
This pristine area is teeming with wildlife, and has long been the destination for those seeking a premier canoeing experience. Paddle some of the routes of the Voyageurs of the fur trade. After a complete shakedown of equipment and skills your group will travel to the BWCAW for an exhilarating trek in the area near the historic Gunflint Trail along the US / Canadian border. Moose, black bear, otter, pine martin and fisher are just a few of the animals that inhabit this area. Contact your High Adventure Coordinator early to begin preparation, planning, and training. Contact your High Adventure Coordinator early to begin preparation, planning, and training. Group Size Limit: Up to 9 people – At least one adult leader from your unit, our trek guide, and up to 7 scouts (no more than 8 from your unit).
Trip – 9 total days needed for this trek:
- Saturday: Arrive at Camp; Begin shakedown and “on the water skill test”
- Sunday : Personal gear prep; Leave for BWCA; Arrive at “put in point” early evening
- Monday: Equipment prep, Final shakedown; Get on the water late morning
- Friday: Back to outfitters by late afternoon; Spend night in bunkhouse (showers, dining hall dinner)
- Saturday morning: Travel back to Camp; Arrive for dinner, campfire
- Sunday morning: Leave Camp for home
$640 Total Fee
– $125 Non-refundable Deposit. Registration must be completed & deposit paid by May 1, 2019 (11:59 PM online)*
= $515 Balance Due by June 10, 2019 (11:59 PM online). Registration closes.
*Return the trek reservation request form as soon as possible for this trek.
NEW WAY TO REGISTER
- Complete and return the trek form to the council office with your $50 fee.
- Once confirmed by trek staff, you will be emailed the link to the event page and pass code.
- Choose Unit Trek on the main event page.
- Tell us how many Youth and Adults for the Flambeau trek, using the pass code.
- Registration Contact tab-Fill in missing information, including the date your unit will arrive in camp.
- Attendees tab-Provide names and gender of Youth and Adults.
- Checkout tab-Must complete all steps for this tab, even if you have time to mail in your payment.
Choose from one of these arrival dates (Saturdays): June 15th, June 22nd, June 29th, July 6th, July 13th, July 20th, July 27th, and August 3rd.