Boundary Waters Canoeing
This pristine area is teeming with wildlife, and has long been the destination for those seeking a premier canoeing experience. Paddle some of the routes of the Voyageurs of the fur trade. After a complete shakedown of equipment and skills your group will travel to the BWCAW for an exhilarating trek in the area near the historic Gunflint Trail along the US / Canadian border. Moose, black bear, otter, pine martin and fisher are just a few of the animals that inhabit this area. Contact your High Adventure Coordinator early to begin preparation, planning, and training. Contact your High Adventure Coordinator early to begin preparation, planning, and training. Group Size Limit: Up to 9 people – At least one adult leader from your unit, the guide, and up to 7 scouts.
Trip – 9 total days needed for this trek:
- Saturday: Arrive at Camp; Begin shakedown and “on the water skill test”
- Sunday : Personal gear prep; Leave for BWCA; Arrive at “put in point” early evening
- Monday: Equipment prep, Final shakedown; Get on the water late morning
- Friday: Back to outfitters by late afternoon; Spend night in bunkhouse (showers, dining hall dinner)
- Saturday morning: Travel back to Camp; Arrive for dinner, campfire
- Sunday morning: Leave Camp for home
$625 Total Fee
– $125 Non-refundable Deposit. Registration must be completed & deposit paid by February 19, 2018 (11:59 PM)*
= $500 Balance Due by June 1, 2018 (11:59 PM)
*Contact us to see if it is still possible to book this trek. Tell us your unit type & number (Troop 129 or Crew 129), and the week you want to attend (see below).
When registering, choose the week of your trek first, then its name with the type: Boundary Water Scout, Boundary Water Adult
2018 Ma-Ka-Ja-Wan Summer Camp Dates
Week 1: June 24-30
Week 2: July 1-7
Week 3: July 8-14
Week 4: July 15-21
Week 5: July 22-28
Week 6: July 29-Aug 4 NOTE: All Week 6 trek spots are now filled. Let us know if you need us to add a “Week 7” for your unit.