Ma-Ka-Ja-Wan’s recently-dedicated James Chandler Welcome Center is the headquarters for our camp operations and is here to ensure your stay at camp is a pleasant one. It’s the first building you see driving into camp, and boasts a giant totem pole in the front lawn. Since it was recently renamed, you may also hear people refer to the Welcome Center as “Admin” or the “Reservation Office.”
What we do
The Welcome Center is happy to help you with the following:
- Visitor sign-in and sign-out
- Check-in and check-out for family camp tent sites and cabins
- Purchasing meal tickets for visitors
- Signing up and paying for high-adventure activities such as trail rides or rafting
- Closing out your troop account at the end of the week and resolving financial issues
- Issues with registration on My-Ka-Ja-Wan
- Multi-day High Adventure treks (the High Adventure office is located in the Welcome Center)
- ..and much more!
The welcome center is open most weekdays during the summer from 9:00am-12:30am and 1:30pm-5:00pm. Weekend hours may vary and will be posted. If you have an urgent issue after hours, please stop by the East or West camp office first, then try calling us at 715-484-2346.